When searching for pet care options in the Northville area you have two major choices, either you can take your pet to a boarding facility or you can hire a professional pet sitter. How do you know what option is right for your pet? There are many different factors that can help you determine what is best for your pet’s needs but this article is going to focus solely on the price differences between pet sitting and dog boarding in Northville, Mi.
For our research we chose to look at two of the most popular boarding facilities in the Northville area: Paw Print Inn and Canine College. I want to start off by saying right off the bat that I have experience with both facilities and they’re both wonderful. This article is not intended to bash either facility, just to simply list the facts.
For our comparisons lets say that you are looking for boarding for your two 60lb Labrador Retrievers and you want the complete care package for them while you’re gone (because they deserve the best right!?). First we will show you the comparisons between the two facilities and then show you how it compares with Menly’s Pet Care’s pet sitting services.
Paw Print Inn
- Room and board for two dogs in a standard 6×12 suite = $46
- One on one cuddles = $5 for 15 minutes
- Bedtime tuck in/story= $5 for 15 minutes
- Obedience and fun (refresher on training followed by play) = $10 for 20 minutes
- Brush and massage = $5 for 15 minutes
- Photos emailed to you = $5 each
- Stuffed Kong = $3
Total Per Day For 2 Dogs = $79 (assuming the extras are for both dogs, if charged separately for each dog the total would be $112)
- Room and board for two dogs = $58
- One on one time with staff = $8
- One on one play time with staff = $8
- Bedtime tuck in/story= N/A
- Obedience and fun = N/A
- Brush and massage = N/A
- Photos emailed to you = N/A
- Stuffed Kong = N/A
Total Per Day for 2 Dogs = $74 (assuming the extras are for both dogs, if charged separately for each dog the total would be $90)
Menlys Pet Care
- In-Home pet sitting services = $46-$92 depending on number of visits
- Fee for multiple dogs = INCLUDED
- One on one time = INCLUDED
- Cuddles = INCLUDED
- Bedtime tucking/story = INCLUDED
- Obedience and fun = INCLUDED
- Brush and massage = INCLUDED
- Photos emailed to you = INCLUDED
- Stuffed Kong = INCLUDED
- Daily Walks = INCLUDED
- Your pet stays in their own home and doesn’t have to stay in a small boarding suite
- No need to worry about pick up/drop off times
- No need for additional vaccinations (Bordatella to prevent kennel cough is required with dog boarding)
- No need to pack up your dog’s food or toys, just tell us where they are and we will do the work for you!
- Your dogs will have the same sights, smells and sounds that they are used to. Even the same potty spots!
Total Per Day for 2 Dogs = $46-$92 depending on the number of visits